SAT/PSAT Tests Are Now Online

College Board has officially declared that PSAT/SAT tests will be digitally performed
College Board Logo. Google Images.
College Board Logo. Google Images.

The College Board has officially declared that all PSAT/SAT exams will now be carried out digitally. All PSAT testing was offered digitally at the beginning of fall 2023, allowing juniors to familiarize themselves with the new format in preparation for their SAT testing in the spring of 2024.

Students at MAST Academy had the opportunity to try out the digital format for themselves. One of these students is junior, Isabella Verdazco, who had the chance to experience paper-based testing during her first two years of high school, and now the current digital format.

“The digital format is much easier and faster,” Verdazco said.

Students feel better about the fact that they have their own clock on the screen guiding each person’s test individually.They had more time control and it was easier to start and finish the test.

Katerina Galeri, the testing coordinator at MAST Academy, also has opinions on the change.

“At first, I was hesitant about the PSAT/NMSQT being fully digital. After testing 850 students with minor test day hiccups, I am pleased with the new digital exam. I feel like the new exam is better for students since it is shorter and has a similar format to our standardized state testing,” Galeri said, “There were some differences, primarily that I didn’t have 25 boxes of books to check in and ship out.”

Galerie proceeded to explain that while the planning process was a bit lengthy in comparison to previous years, the extra preparations were worth it for a smoother testing day.

Some students did complain that they felt additional pressure from the timer ticking on the top center of their testing page. However, with all the changes menioned with the new testing format, it is safe to say that it has definitely changed the game in terms of testing for both teachers and students.