X-Men ‘97 Near End Season Non-Spoiler Review

Marvel Studios releases Reboot/Continuation of popularized 90’s T.V. Show X-Men
X-Men ’97 airs on Disney+. Image via Disney.

With Marvel Studios recent ownership over the X-Men, there has come a variety of appearances of the X-Men and references of mutants in general. The most recent appearance of the X-Men is the show X-Men ‘97.

X- Men ‘97 is a reboot but also a somewhat continuation of the previous 1990’s X-Men TV Show. The show releases episodes weekly with a new episode on every Wednesday. The show consists of main characters like Cyclops, Wolverine, Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), Rogue, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Morph, and Bishop.

So far, X-Men ‘97 has a speedy pace but not in a bad way as you might think. The show can get through some big comic stories in the span of one 35-minute episode, but also leaves you with a sense of comfort.

X-Men ‘97 is an emotional rollercoaster as of right now, with new love triangles, surprising deaths, and gut-wrenching writing options on Episode 5. Writer and creator Beau DeMayo has recently stated to “get ready for 8, 9,and 10.” In a tweet/X.

While X-Men has received amazing feedback from fans, Disney decided to fire DeMayo. The reason for this was stated to be because he was “too difficult to work with” a lot of fans are now upset at this since some have stated that X-Men ‘97 is Marvels best project since billion-dollar box office movie Avengers: Endgame. Beau DeMayo has supposedly already completed season two of the show and has reportedly started working on season three before he was fired.

As of right now, the series has two more episodes with a Rotten Tomatoes rating of 98 percent among critics and 94 percent among audiences. All that’s left is to see how these final episodes play out.