Dasher & Crank’s five funky fall flavors

By Isabella Zimmermann
Editor-in-Chief

Dasher & Crank’s pink-themed sitting area offers board games and even a bleachers-style sitting space for customers to enjoy (Photo by Isabella Zimmermann).

Bored of regular vanilla and chocolate ice cream? Located in the heart of Wynwood, Dasher & Crank is one of Miami’s most unique ice cream shops that guarantees anything but traditional flavors. Daniel Levine founded the artisan craft ice cream store in 2018, aiming to create an out-of-the-box experience for customers. Their menu, which even has a vegan line, features funky flavors such as Ube, coconut, and Filipino purple yam; Salty Beach, coconut, sea salt, and graham cracker; and Boysenberry mixed with a marshmallow swirl. Aside from their permanent staples, the store rotates their menu often, allowing room to experiment with brand new and seasonal flavors. Five brand new limited-edition ones were released over the Halloween weekend to celebrate the spooky season.

The store’s 18 weekly flavors are displayed on hand-drawn mini chalkboards above their ice cream cabinet (Photo by Isabella Zimmermann).

Trick ‘r Treat and Mr. Jack Lantern are the most normal ones of the bunch, but equally as delicious. Trick ‘r Treat is Dasher & Crank’s vanilla base ice cream mixed in with a variety of chocolate Halloween candy, while Mr. Jack Lantern is a regular cookies and cream ice cream colored orange for a festive look. 

The five new Halloween-themed flavors come in an array of fun colors. 
Left cup, from buttom to top: Magic Potion, Matcha Witches Brew, and Mr. Jack Lantern
Right cup, from bottom to top: Trick ‘r Treat, Mr. Jack Lantern (duplicate), and Zombie Apocalypse (Photo by Isabella ZImmermann).

Zombie Apocalypse is similar to Ben & Jerry’s famous Cherry Garcia flavor. It is a cherry-flavored ice cream base and chunks of chocolate and resembles the color of brains with its light pink color.   

Matcha Witches Brew is perfect for those who have less of a sweet tooth. The green and purple-speckled ice cream is matcha flavored and is slightly bitter compared to the rest.

Magic Potion, a purple shaved ice, has a light and delicate fruity flavor.

Prices for ice cream scoops start at $5 for one scoop, $7.50 for two, and $10 for three or even six.  

For a limited time, Dasher & Crank is also selling their Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte, a drink that blends the typical Pumpkin Spice Latte with green tea.

If you are around the area and in the mood for these new fall flavors, make sure to visit before Dasher & Crank retires them and the menu rotates once again.