MAST’s Girl’s soccer team year in review

MAST’s Girl’s soccer team has had an outstanding year, let’s put this into review.
One+of+the+Makos+best+games+this+season%3A+Jan.+18+Makos+vs.+Coral+Gables+Cavaliers.+7-0+win+for+the+Makos+at+home.+
Kamilah Gurdián
One of the Makos best games this season: Jan. 18 Makos vs. Coral Gables Cavaliers. 7-0 win for the Makos at home.

Mast’s girl’s soccer team has had an amazing year. They put together a very strong team and they have had great teamwork.

The very first game took place on Nov. 6, 2023, against Carrolton School of the Sacred Heart. The Makos lost 1-2. The player of the game was Catalina Quimer.

On  Nov. 8, 2023, the Makos played Palmer Trinity. The Makos won 2-1. The player of the game was Daniela Sanchez.

On Nov. 14, 2023, the Makos played Doral Academy. The Makos won 2-0. The player of the game was Heidi Schultz.

On Nov. 16, 2023, the Makos played Dr. Krop High School. The makos won 7-0. The player of the game was Claudia Alonzo.

On Nov. 28, 2023, the Makos played Goleman High School. The makos won 2-1. The player of the game was Camilla Flack.

On Dec. 6, 2023, the Makos played Randsom Everglades. The makos tied 1-1. The player of the game was Lucia Antonelli.

On Dec. 8, 2023, the Makos played LaSalle. The makos won 1-0. The player of the game was Lucia Antonelli.

On Dec. 14, 2023, the Makos played Westminister Christian. The Makos tied 1-1. The player of the game was Violeta Tuneus.

On Dec. 21, 2023, the Makos played Sunset. The makos won 9-0. The player of the game was Florencia Alvarez.

On Jan. 9, 2024, the Makos played TERRA Environmental. The makos won 2-1. The player of the game was Alessandra Bonavita.

On Jan. 11, 2024, the Makos played Edison High School. The Makos lost 0-1. The player of the game was Jessica Engel.

On Jan. 18, 2024, the Makos played Coral Gables. The Makos won 7-0. The player of the game was Sophia Flack.

On Jan. 25, 2024, the Makos played their first game of the District Tournament against Key West. The makos tied 0-0. The player of the game was Zacil Caudillo Gunther.

Recently, on Feb.7, 2024, the Makos competed in the quarterfinals of the 2024 Girls Soccer Championship Tournament against the Cardinal Gibbons and lost 4-0. The makos played well and put in their best effort. The player of this game was Daniela Sanchez

Head Coach Rob Suarez and Assistant Coach Rui Gomes are to be proud of this team they have put together.

The goalie Heidi Schultz had about 3 saves per match. She had 39 saves in total.

The Makos had, in total, 35 goals, 26 assists, and 96 points.

Overall the team is 441st in the nation, 94th in Florida, and 21st in Miami.

They have won 8 games, lost 3, and tied 2. They have won all 5 of their games away. As for home games, they won 3, lost 4, and tied 2.