MAST Academy’s Boys’ and Girls’ Swim Teams win at Miami-Dade

MAST Academy’s Boys’ and Girls’ Swim Teams competed against other high schools at Miami-Dade College’s Kendall Campus

On September 14th at Miami Dade College’s Kendall Campus, the MAST Academy Boys’ and Girls’ swim teams competed against Christopher Columbus High School, Terra Environmental Research Institute, and Lourdes Academy. The MAST Makos dominated, with both the Boys’ Swim Team and Girls’ Swim Team going undefeated at the meet.

For girls, MAST beat TERRA’s swim team 91-70. Francesca Ninova placed 1st in the 200m free-style and Kaia Zaney placed 1st in both the 100m and 50m free-style races. Terra placed 1st in 100m fly and 500m free-style, as well as 2nd in 100m breast-stroke and 2nd in the 200m free-style.

For boys, MAST beat TERRA’s swim team 107-61. Fabio Mora placed 1st in the 50m free-style and Liam Lesentier placed 1st in the 200m IM. The Terra boys’ team secured a win in the 500m free-style and 2nd in the 100m fly.

The MAST girls’ swim team beat Our Lady of Lourdes’ swim team 102-49. Nicole Macedo placed 1st in both the 100m fly and the 100m back-stroke. Calla Kelble placed 1st in the 100m breast-stroke , and Matilda Urcuyo 1st in 500m free-style. Lourdes’ girls’ team placed 1st in the 200m.

The MAST boys’ swim team beat Columbus’s swim team 96-71. Sebastian Correa placed 1st in the 200m free-style race, and Gabriel Martinez placed 1st in the 100m fly and the 100m free-style. Columbus placed 1st in the 500m free-style, 100m breast-stroke, and diving.