A homebound junior

For this issue, we asked our writers to highlight some of our Makos’ opinions about returning back to school or staying online.

Graphic created byTheo Miller

By Isabella Martinez
Staff Writer 

Junior William Seeve has an opinion regarding sending students back to school during this pandemic.

“My parents made the decision for me to continue school virtually until they thought it was safe to attend back to school normally,” Seeve said.

The decision, left up to parents rather than the students, could be reversed if an individual wished to change their mind. Parents had to bear in mind that this choice would be carried throughout the first quarter. 

“I really miss the social aspect of school, and it’s always nice to interact with others, but in the end, I feel as though the decision that was made was responsible and safer.” Seeve specified.

For students living through these uncertain times, it is evident that not seeing their peers every day or having interactions with other people is rather difficult to adjust to.

“Despite what I now know about corona, if going back to school meant that I could get my social life back but put the lives of people I admire at risk, I will rather be responsible and choose not to take on the opportunity,” Seeve said. 

Many students have opted to stay home to slow down the rise in coronavirus cases.

“I miss the physical and actual encounters we had at school, so I certainly expect to go back to school normally sometime during the year because it doesn’t feel the same doing school online.” stated William.

The decision which left students having their classes virtually, has given individuals high hopes of returning to school normally, with some adjustments, as soon as it is safe to do so. This transformation that has impacted students at all grade levels has shown how easily we can adapt in such a small amount of time.