New memory unlocked for our MAST seniors: Gradbash

Mercedes Halliburton
Park view from VelociCoaster line.

MAST seniors and their teachers hit Universal’s Studios and Islands of Adventure at around 5:30 pm last Friday, Apr. 19.

Arriving an hour after their ETA due to mechanical complications in bus 2, students were restless and ready to enter the park as soon as they saw the WELCOME GRADUATES sign.

Seniors leave MAST and start their trip towards Orlando! (Senior, Candelaria Aramburu)
Bus 2 stopped on the side of the road seven times due to mechanical problems. (Senior, Samantha Ponce)
Seniors wait to be cleared at security before entering the park. (Senior, Isabelle Merseguel)

At 6 pm the park closed for all pass holders who were not wearing the green GRADBASH wristband, and seniors were able to take over.

Despite ride wait times being 45-120+ minutes (the highest wait times being for the VelociCoaster, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, and Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure), adrenaline kept everyone in the park moving until it closed at 2am.

Seniors in line for the VelociCoaster. (Senior, Antonio Roca)

At 2 am the park closed and hundreds of students and chaperones were escorted out of Universal Studios to their buses.

Around 6:30 am, seniors were dropped off at MAST and GradBash 24′ was complete.