Creepy cookie cravings

By Isabella Martinez
Staff Writer

Night Owl, a bakery that satisfies Miami’s craving for late-night desserts, has quickly developed into a popular cookie spot. This gem is especially known for its flavorful classic and fun desserts, as seen on Snapchat and Instagram stories. In 2016, founder Andrew Gonzalez made a name for his cookie company, which opened its first location near Florida International University’s South campus. Since then, the young chef has worked out a way to transform the dessert scene in Miami and has introduced South Floridian culture to his tasty treats. His delicious creations certainly hit close to home with the Guava infused cookie named Ave Maria, and the bright red, Oreo covered, Miami Heat inspired cookie.

The pink walls, sprinkle-filled tables, and the aromatic smell of freshly baked cookies are the first things that hit you when you walk through the doors. The welcoming staff is absurdly patient as they witness their customers making the difficult decision to pick one or even a dozen cookies. The cookie factory has also produced weekly flavors in celebration of the fall season, along with their infamous chocolate chip and birthday cake cookies. 

A bite of the Chocolate Chipmunk will make your tastebuds thank you. This sweet surprise will transport you to the season where leaves fall from the color-changing trees(Photo by Isabella Martinez)

During October, Night Owl launched Halloween-themed baked treats such as a candy corn-topped cookie and a skull-shaped strawberry jelly-flavored cookie. Beginning November 1, the notorious bakery has started to sell autumn-inspired desserts like the Chocolate Chipmunk. Starting at $3.75, the Chocolate Chipmunk will be available at all Night Owl locations all month long. This chocolate chip dough laced with pieces of chewy caramel finished with a maple glaze and crunchy candied pecans are perfect for sweet-toothed victims. The fragrance of sweet maple and toasted pecans in the air draws to your sense of smell and reminds you of a crisp November evening. The first bite is a combination of flavors ranging from the melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chips to the maple glaze that reminds you of waffles on Christmas morning. This spiced baked treat is a precise representation of all the good things that come with the Fall season. This cookie is a go-to for those exclusive seasonal dessert lovers and can be paired with a glass of milk or even eggnog.