Oscars: Highlights of the Night

Biggest winners,heartfelt award acceptances, and John Cena.
via Punch Newspaper

The Oscars occurred on Sunday, March 11th, marking an end to awards season for this year. Jimmy Kimmel was the host for this years Oscar’s and as always there were some memorable moments.

The Award Winners
Oppenheimer was nominated 13 times which is the most that any film has ever been nominated for, it won seven awards (best actor, best supporting actor, best picture, directing, cinematography, film editing, best original score) basically dominating the night.

Robert Downey Jr. won the award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, for his character Lewis Strauss in Oppenheimer, this is the first Oscar he’s ever won.

Cillian Murphy won Best Actor ending an impressive run this award season, with arguably the most prestigious individual award.

When it came to Best Costume Design, John Cena came out naked to announce the winner in a funny bit which has lit up social media for the past two days.

Emma Stone won Best Actress after delivering an incredible performance in Poor Things, giving a memorable acceptance speech.

Important Events

Da’Vine Joy Randolph also gave a heartfelt acceptance speech after winning  the Best Actress in a Supporting Role Oscar

While the Barbie movie was a movie that gave a great impact to the world in general it shockingly was completely snubbed and won not a single Oscar.

To make matters better, Ryan Gosling gave an excellent rendition of “I’m Just Ken” getting everyone involved and clapping, including Emma Stone and Margot Robbie even came on stage.

As always there is some sort of  joke that causes controversy, this year it was Jimmy Kimmel declaring “This is the highest point of Robert Downey Jr’s career… well, one of the highest points.” while tapping his nose. This is in reference to Robert Downey Jr.’s past drug abuse, the joke fell flat and some in the audience looked annoyed rather then showing laughter, other than that though, Jimmy Kimmel did a all around good job as host.

The Oscars as always were grand, controversial and inspiring and will continue to be the iconic award show they have been since 1929.