2024 NBA All-Star Weekend Results

The 2024 National Basketball Association All-Star Weekend took place last weekend.
Official Logo for the 2024 NBA All-Star Game

This weekend, the National Basketball Association held their 2024 NBA-All Star weekend in Indianapolis, Indiana. The NBA All-Star weekend is an event held every year by the NBA. During NBA All-Star weekend, NBA players will compete in various games for money for charities of there choice. The 2024 NBA All-Star weekend consisted of the Skills Challenge, 3-Point Contest, Sabrina Ionescu vs Steph Curry 3-Point Challenge, and the All-Star Game. The All Star Game was played on Sunday, and the rest of the events were played on Saturday.

The 2024 NBA All-Star weekend began on Saturday with the Skills Challenge. The Skills Challenge consisted of three teams of three players dribbling around obstacles, making accurate passes, and hitting shots around the court. The teams in the Skills Challenge were Team Pacers, Team Top Picks, and Team All-Stars. The winner of the 2024 NBA Skills competition was Team Pacers, which consisted of Tyrese Haliburton, Benedict Mathurin, and Myles Turner.

Following the Skills Challenge was the 2024 NBA 3-Point Contest. The 3-Point contest is a shoot out from the three point line. Each player has to shoot five shots from five spots, and one deeper shot from two spots. The winner of the contest is the player that makes the most shots. Malik Beasley, Jalen Brunson, Tyrese Haliburton, Damian Lillard, Lauri Markkanen, Donovan Mitchell, Karl-Anthony Towns and Trae Young were all participants in the 2024 NBA 3-Point contest. The winner of the 2024 NBA 3-Point contest was Damian Lillard.

In between the NBA 3-Point Contest and NBA Dunk Contest was the first ever NBA 3-Point Challenge. The NBA 3-Point Challenge is a one round dual between two players using the same rules as the NBA 3-Point Contest. The participants in the 2024 NBA 3-Point Challenge were Stephen Curry and Sabrina Ionescu. Stephen Curry has the most career 3-point shots made in the NBA, and Sabrina Ionescu is a WNBA player that holds the record for the highest score in the 3-point contest league wide. Sabrina Ionescu ended the challenge with a score of 26, and Stephen Curry ended the challenge with a score of 29.

The 2024 NBA Dunk Contest was the last event held on Saturday of the 2024 NBA All-Star weekend. The Dunk Contest is a competition wherein players perform dunks and then receive a score of 1-10 from five judges. The participants in the 2024 NBA dunk contest where Mac McClung, Jacob Toppin, and Jaylen Brown, and Jaime Jacquez Jr. The winner of the NBA dunk contest was Mac McClung, whom had also won the 2023 dunk contest.

On Sunday, the 2024 NBA All-Star Game was held. The All-Star Game is a no stakes basketball game featuring the best talent that the NBA has to offer. The 2024 all-star game featured an East Coast vs. West Coast format that had not been seen since 2017. The captain of the West Coast Team was Los Angeles Lakers Forward Lebron James and the captain of the East Coast Team was Milwaukee Bucks Forward Giannis Antetokounmpo . The winner of the 2024 NBA All-Star Game was the East Coast Team. The winner of the 2024 All-Star Game MVP Award was Damian Lillard.