Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show

Usher took the stage for this year’s halftime along with other artists.
Promotional advertisement of Usher’s Halftime show via nfl.com

Super Bowl LVIII’s Halftime show starred Usher with guest stars Alicia Keys, H.E.R., will.i.am., Lil John, and Ludacris.

Usher performed a total of eleven songs starting with “Caught Up” on the field then once he moved to the stage after performing “U Don’t Have to Call” he performed a duet with Alicia Keys to “My Boo”.

After, he sang and danced to songs like “Confessions Part II”, “Burn”, and “U Got It Bad” then ended with “OMG” singing alongside will.i.am., and his iconic “Yeah”, joined by Ludacris and Lil Jon.

Usher also had Jackson State’s University marching band, Sonic Boom playing throughout the entire halftime show as well as having members of Kappa Alpha Psi, a black fraternity dance with him on stage.

There was a transition to more of a party atmosphere after “My Boo” when Usher switched the song choices from Neo-Soul songs to pop and R&B.

Usher’s roots and his career trajectory played out on stage by first praising his mom and God, then having the other artists who performed by people he worked with throughout his career, his dance moves and artistry being reminiscent of his intimate concert style, and of course, the songs Usher performed are songs that set him apart early on in his career to today.