Gypsy Rose and her release

Gypsy Rose Blanchard released after orchestrating the murder of her mother

Gypsy Rose Blanchard is officially a free woman and is reshaping her life.

On June of 2015, Gypsy Rose Blanchard orchestrated the murder of her mother, Claudine “Dee Dee” Blanchard, with the help of her ex-boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, and went to prison. Gypsy was released 10 years later.

Dee Dee Blanchard suffered from Munchausen syndrome by proxy, which is a type of child abuse and a mental disorder. Because of this sickness, a child’s caregiver—in this case, the mother—will either give the child false symptoms or give them actual symptoms to make them appear sick.

While Gypsy loved her mother and called her her “best friend” she started to question if she was actually as ill as her mother portrayed her to be. After years of abuse, she figured out that her prescribed medication wasn’t even needed. Other than giving her child unnecessary prescription drugs, Dee Dee would smash Gypsy’s  computers, chain her to her very own bed, give Gypsy and others false information about her own age, and lie to doctors saying Gypsy’s medical records were lost in Hurricane Katrina.

Eventually, Gypsy couldn’t take anymore abuse and planned for her boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, which she met online, to murder her own mother .

Gypsy got 10 years in prison which was then shortened down to 7 years in prison while her boyfriend got life without parole.

While Gypsy was in prison the news had already spread all across the world. The entertainment industry took a hold of the story and a new Hulu TV series,“The Act”, was released in 2019.

Although Gypsy was in prison, she made time to find love. She had broken up with Godejohn at some point while in prison and later met Ryan Anderson. Ryan would send Gypsy letters back and forth, and during her 7  years in prison, Gypsy became Ryan’s wife.

Gypsy was released on Dec. 28  2023, and upon her release, came her fame. Gypsy Rose became incredibly popular on TikTok and Instagram, becoming verified on both platforms. Rose also released a book  on Jan. 9 called “Released”.

However, with fame always come challenges. People have started to “switch up” on Gypsy and have pointed out certain things that Gypsy has done, calling her “manipulative” and judging her for how she treats her husband.

Despite the accusations Gypsy is now facing, she can now live her life in freedom outside of prison and abuse.