MAST Academy’ boys’ golf team wins against La Salle High School

MAST Academy’s boys’ golf team bring home a win against La Salle High School.
Sasha Chernikov
Sophomore Cipriano Montoya shooting at the beginning of hole 4 at Crandon Golf Club.

On October 4th, MAST Academy’s boys’ golf team played against Immaculata-La Salle High School’s boys’ golf team at Crandon Golf Club. The match ended with a tie for first between two Makos. Junior Alfonso Goyeneche and freshman Borja Friend both ended with 39 strokes out of 9 holes.

At the beginning of the game, Goyeneche made an impressive shot over the trees, according to MAST’s boys’ golf team coach Mr. Raymond. Goyeneche’s shot put him at an advantage for the match.

Inigo Friend played in the same group as Goyenche, ending with 48 strokes due to faulty shots later on in the match.

The third-best score was held by junior Christian Rodriguez who was just one stroke away from first place with 40 strokes. Sophmore Cipriano Montoya finished fourth overall with 46 strokes and was playing in the same group as Borja Friend.

Although MAST girl’s golf team was scheduled to play La Salle, the La Salle girl’s golf team did not come. The Lady Makos spent their scheduled time playing against each other.