Meet Your Student Government Presidents

MAST’s Student Government President’s plans for the 2023-24 school year
Sofia Figueroa
From left: Florencio Munoz (sophomore president), Cristobal Munoz (senior president), Fedreico Acquarone (student government president), Paolo Bello (junior president) and Emiliana Solorzano (freshman president) pose in the MAST Academy cafeteria on Sept. 27, 2023.

At MAST Academy, the Student Government is a group of elected students that represent the entire student body. Making up MAST’s student government are the Student Government Association (SGA) which presides over the student government, and the Student Government Cabinets that represent each of their respective grade levels.

Senior Federico Acquarone joined the student government as he wanted to be a bigger leader and have an impact at MAST and was class president for four consecutive years. Acquarone now serves as SGA President at MAST, with the goal of bringing new events that provide fun for all grade levels.

“I am looking forward to pep rally and hoco, and all the other events that I am planning,” Acquarone said.

Cristobal Muñoz-Legarre is the senior Class President at MAST. Muñoz-Legarre ran for student government with the belief  that student leadership can have a positive impact on the school community.

“My younger brother Florencio influenced me to run for president. His strong leadership and will to help the school motivated me,” Muñoz-Legarre said.

Muñoz-Legarre’s primary goal for the school year is to provide the seniors with an unforgettable year through events such as the senior breakfast.

Paolo Bello is MAST’s junior Class President. Running for president since his freshman year, Bello’s goals for the 2023-24 school year are to organize field trips and plan college visits, as well as raise money through school merchandise and fundraisers. 

“I’ve always wanted to run because I love to help people and the community in this school,” Bello said.

Since his first year at MAST Academy when he was in 6th grade, Florencio Muñoz-Legarre has served as his classes’ president. Muñoz-Legarre currently serves as MAST’s sophomore Class President.

“It gets competitive but it’s mostly about getting to know the people and letting them to get to know you and what you can bring to this school by being in the position,” Muñoz-Legarre said.

As sophomore Class President, Muñoz-Legarre wants to create a welcoming and fun environment for all sophomores. Muñoz-Legarre hopes to serve his class by selling class shirts and planning various field trips throughout the year.

Emiliana Solorzano is MAST’s freshman Class President. Solorzano ran for president because she genuinely cares about the class of 2027 and wants to create memorable experiences over the next four years.

“It makes me really happy to see the positive impacts that I can make being in this position,” Solorzano said.

While Solorzano did not have a campaign, she received support during the election, which she cultivated throughout the years as her class’s representative in 6th and 8th grade. Solorzano plans to work hard to make this year a memorable year for the class of 2027.