Student Government representatives seek to educate student body about their work, achieve 2022-2023 goals for MAST Academy

In September 2022, the Freshman Class Cabinet was elected, and as of November Grade 6 representatives were elected as well. There are many new, and old, representatives in MAST Academy’s student government this year. Many students, new or not, don’t know much about who is representing them in government.

Every grade is represented in the Student Government. In every cabinet there is a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Master-of-Arms, Secretary, Historian, Maritime Liaison, and Cambridge Liaison.

The SGA President, Camila Aquarone, is responsible for overseeing all members of the SGA Cabinet as well as class cabinets, grades 6 to 12. The Class Presidents oversee all members of the Class Cabinet. 

Aquarone has been a part of student government since freshman year. She plans to unite the school, especially between Maritime and Cambridge students.  

The SGA and Class Vice Presidents assist their President in their responsibilities and collaborate with their Treasurer to ensure fundraising goals are created and met for the school year. 

“I bring the school together and have more school spirit.” SGA Vice President Hailey Melian said.

The SGA and Class Treasurers are responsible for all money transactions, planning fundraising events and creating the annual budget for the school year, as well as providing a monthly financial report. 

The SGA and Class Masters-at-Arms are responsible for providing weekly community service opportunities to be distributed to the student body. 

The SGA and Class Secretaries are responsible for recording meeting minutes and ensuring all communications regarding projects and events are posted and distributed to the class members. 

Since the SGA Cabinet members represent the school’s student body as a whole, not just high school, the SGA Master-at-Arms, Julia Denight wants to help everyone and be a guide for not only high school, but also middle school.

The SGA and Class Historians are responsible for the management of all SGA or class related social media accounts and documenting all SGA or class activities and events. 

“I think it’s so important to document these memories so we can have them for the rest of our lives,” senior class Historian Anais Ramentol said.

The SGA and Class Cambridge and Maritime Liaisons work with the Cambridge or Maritime Liaisons of each grade to ensure participation in all events and with ninth grade liaisons to plan freshman-specific mixers to increase unity in their grade between both programs

“I love my grade, my school and bringing people together,” said sophomore class Maritime Liaison Kyle De La Cabada said.

“My goal is to bring unity between the Cambridge and Maritime Programs,” explained SGA Cambridge Liaison Maite Civetta.

Though there are many different positions in Student Government, these roles aren’t exclusive to a position and members work together.

“In SGA everyone is helping each other out,” junior class Treasurer Juliette Castaneda said. “Even though I’m the treasurer I can still help the other members with their roles.”

Castaneda explained the members of student government aren’t limited to their set roles, they help each other in any way they can to make the school a better place.

SGA Cabinet

President Camila Aquarone

Vice President Hailey Melian

Treasurer Bautista Tedin

Master-at-Arms Julia Denight

Secretary Carlota Navarro

Historian Lucas Keller

Maritime Liaison Liam Krablin

Cambridge Liaison Maite Civetta

12th Grade Cabinet

President Andrew Greig 

Vice President Francisca Moresco 

Treasurer Sebastian Curiel

Secretary Daniela Fuentes

Historian Anais Ramentol

Master-at-Arms Anastassia Somerville

Maritime Liaison Gretchen Perez

Cambridge Liaison Bradshyr Mortimer

11th Grade Cabinet

President Federico Acquarone 

Vice President Anna Alves

Treasurer Juliette Castaneda

Secretary Cristobal Muñoz-Legarre

Historian Isabel Del Valle McGuinness

Master-at-Arms Christopher Aleman

Maritime Liaison Kai Harary

Cambridge Liaison Nicolas Sandoval

10th Grade Cabinet

President Alessandra Bonavita 

Vice President Emma Vinambres

Treasurer Joaquin Gentile

Secretary Sofia Navarro

Historian Eva Crousillat

Master-at-Arms Catalina Guillamont

Maritime Liaison Kyle De La Cabada

Cambridge Liaison Corina Garcia

9th Grade Cabinet

President Florencio Munoz-Legarre

Vice President Maria Mayorga 

Treasurer Manuel Muela 

Secretary Tara Conway 

Historian Renata Gallo Argerich 

Master-at-Arms Gonzalo Garcia

Cambridge Liaison Naomi Goldstein 

Maritime Liaison Ines Rivero

8th Grade Representatives

Daniella Abad

Emiliana Solorzano

7th Grade Representatives 

Mila Cardoso

Kivanc Gunay