A fashion show in your own home

In 1995, Eleonora De Gray established the RUNWAY MAGAZINE. This prestigious fashion magazine started in New York City and influenced the market greatly back in the late 1990s. In 2004, Eleonora De Gray moved to Paris, France where she reestablished the company. In 2020, CFDA Runway 360 by the RUNWAY MAGAZINE was introduced to the world. 

The CFDA Runway 360 is an online website where designers submit videos of catwalks showcasing their work. This new and innovative platform was created to keep the fashion industry thriving despite the ongoing pandemic. The website’s organized and business-like layout makes it entertaining and grasps the viewer’s attention, while also allowing them to experience the wonders of fashion. 

“With the three main categories being collections, designers, and schedule I think it makes the website very easy to manage. I also found the sub-categories within those very interesting and well organized,”  MAST alum and fashion major Marina Winternitz said. 

Although the website is professional and meant for the Millennial or Gen X populace, it also purposefully targets a younger audience. Fashion in the newer generations fluctuates with trends really fast, so it is important to keep the kids viewing the website engaged. 

“I really liked the website, I thought it was super cool,” freshman Daniela Paredes said. 

Another thing that the website ensures is that the designers’ pieces are shown clearly and without difficulty. In the end, the whole point of Runway 360 is to allow designers to make a profit in these hard times. The project is doing an amazing job of advertising the designer’s pieces, but these artists still have to show off their clothes in other ways. 

“So, although this website gets their name out, designers still have to get people to care about them through other means,” fashionista senior Jennifer Dotzler said. “Maybe by having a local event to showcase their designs or by giving people their pieces to wear and promote.” 

As for striking awe in the audience, Runway 360 has got it covered. 

“This experience has definitely opened my eyes and inspired me in many ways. It has demonstrated to the whole world that there are plenty of ways to showcase one’s work without having to spend a lot of money,” Winternitz said. 

“This was a really cool experience that helped me learn about a lot of new designers that I did not know before and how cool some of them were,” Paredes said. This outlet not only inspires design and fashion students, but also inspires young boys and girls all over the globe regardless of interests due to the innovation behind the project. Fashion is a universal thing anyone can take part in. The uniqueness of each piece makes it one of the most interesting industries in the world, something all audiences can appreciate.