MOMI Ramen: Japanese noodles in the heart of Miami

By: Krysthel Cisneros

Staff Writer

Oftentimes Miami locals reach for their classic staples to get through their day, but there is nothing quite like the warm and fuzzy feeling you get when indulging in some top quality noodles. Located in the heart of Brickell, MOMI Ramen offers a diverse array of dishes, including its staple Chicken Ramen and Oxtail Ramen. 

“Ramen lovers only, all others stay away,” are the words on a welcome sign that definitely set the mood of your meal. By taking a few steps inside, you will feel as though you were seamlessly transported from the rowdy ambience of Miami, to the authentic feel of a Japanese kitchen. The steamy well-lit environment feels different than the usual chilly locales.

Customers should be warned that these tasty meals will be at a hefty price, and in cash only, unless they are willing to pay greedy ATM fees. For ramen-connoisseurs, the whopping price of $27 for a large bowl of chicken ramen soup may not be worth the price. The sticker price can be a small shock to those not familiar with the menu.

This Japanese staple of chicken ramen noodle soup will be enough to warm your table and your heart. (Photo by: Krysthel Cisneros)

Yet, when it comes to the meal, customers will be treated with a delicious ramen dish that delivers the rich combination of the classics: chicken, broth, and noodles. After a few scoops, the incoming receipt will be forgotten, and your anxious cravings will be gone.

“The ramen itself is very rich and flavorful and on the very few cold days we have, it always hits the spot,” said senior Andres Barcelo. As a fan of the restaurant, Barcelo continues to share his favorite parts of the restaurant that he enjoys even more as a non-Japanese customer. 

Barcelo notes the welcoming hospitality, and an “overall nice atmosphere.” He says that “it’s small and cozy and never crowded to the point you cannot hear yourself think or enjoy the meal.”

For many, just a cozy authentic meal is sufficient, but at MOMI Ramen you will receive this and more, but as always, at a pricey cost. Clean Brickell city views accompanied by a rich ramen bowl and a good time is good enough for some. 

“I sometimes ask the waiters a bit about their backgrounds because I’m a bit nosy… but the lady that works is always nice and attentive to me, which is always pleasant,” said Barcelo. He also shares how the relaxing atmosphere further enhances the taste of these Japanese cultural plates.

As a one-time meal and stop by for a little bit of culture, MOMI Ramen will be definitely your next go-to on a night out in the town.