Quaranthings to do with your friends

By Hillary Simmons
Staff Writer

With all this free time, aside from schoolwork and making terrible puns, we have to somehow fill our time. While the current stay at home order prevents us from leaving our houses, we can still stay connected to one another.  Times like this bring out the creativity in us and people are staying connected in the most interesting ways.

Netflix Party

Netflix Party is a Google Chrome browser extension that lets you watch Netflix with your friends online while being able to chat with them. Just visit netflixparty.com and follow the instructions. 

Zoom

Friends are also using Zoom to have fun group video chats. Zoom has a variety of features, with the most amusing one being the Virtual Background feature. Users can upload a favorite photo or video to be their backdrop and amuse their friends with a funny meme. There are so many things you can do using Zoom. Here are just a few:

1. Funniest Frame: Compete with your friends to see who can make the funniest backdrops.  
  2. Group Makeovers: Set aside a day for you and your friends to hop on Zoom and share your skincare routines.

JBQX

Want to enjoy listening to music online with your friends? JQBX, pronounced Ju-ke Box, has created what is basically “an online aux cord.” You and your friends can be DJ’s online and add music to the queue as you please. This app connects to Spotify and is available for Premium users. Check it out at jqbx.com.