Super Bowl LVIII Prop Bets and More

The Super Bowl is a time for conspiracies, gambling, and football.
Image by JESHOOTS.com via Pexels.

Super Bowl prop bets this year outside of on-the-field action are even more hilarious than last year’s with people betting on things a nonfootball fan might not even think are real like how long the national anthem will be, Taylor Swift appearances, the color of the Gatorade this coupled with superstitions and conspiracies makes for great showmanship.

Prop bets this year even include whose jersey Drake will wear as the “Drake Curse” has become a rather popular topic because it seems every team he bets on or supports loses. Some others were if Usher would wear sunglasses during his performance, total songs performed (8.5), whose commercial would be first Messi’s Michelob Ultra or David Beckham’s Uber Eats commercial.

Betting on bets like those is just fun but in NFL History there have been some huge payouts in 2018 an undisclosed gambler won 84,565 on a five-dollar bet after correctly predicting the sixteen outcomes of the week.

Conspiracies also run rampant when it comes to the Super Bowl USA Today even made a strange connection between Taylor Swift to the outcome of the game since Swift’s favorite number is 13 and the Chiefs beat the 49ers with a 13-play drive surely it was rigged.

“Just like we drew it up,” President Biden wrote on X alongside a picture of Taylor Swift poking fun at the conspiracies around the Super Bowl.

Superstition is a big deal for many football fans, on Vermints.com a  New England Patriots fan admitted he sleeps with two teddy bears named Offense and Defense, tucks them into bed at night and to tie it all together wears a jersey that doesn’t get washed at all the entire season.

It isn’t just fans and the president who join in on the grandeur and ridiculousness of the event so do the players.

Taylor Pepper, long snapper for the 49ers has to cut his fingernails with pepper exactly two days before the event. John Henderson, former NFL defensive tackle would get one of his trainers to slap him in the face a couple of times pregame.