Records Broken at the Super Bowl

In the 2024 Super Bowl there were many records set
Image by Mick Haupt via unsplash.com

The Kansas City Chiefs won the 2024 Super Bowl by beating the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 in overtime. This is their second consecutive Super Bowl win.

During this game, there were many on-field as well as off-field records broken.

Super Bowl LVIII was the most-watched Super Bowl ever with 123.4 million viewers. It was also the Super Bowl with the most amount of money bet on it, over $185.6 million.

This is only the second time a Super Bowl has ever gone into overtime and the longest Super Bowl ever recorded with a playing time of 74 minutes and 57 seconds.

Harrison Butker, the Chief’s kicker, set a record for the longest field goal in a Super Bowl with a .57-yard field goal and scored.

Combined with both teams they beat the record for the most field goals in a Super Bowl. In total, there were seven field goals in this game. Jake Moody, kicker for the 49ers, made three field goals, while Butker made four.

Patrick Mahomes, quarterback for Kansas City, now has 139 rushing yards in four Super Bowls played. He now owns the record for most career rushing yards in Super Bowl history.

The defensive coordinator for the Chiefs, Steve Spagnuolo, became the first coordinator to win four Super Bowls.