‘The Big Game’, ‘The Showdown’, ‘The Iron Bowl’

College football rivalries came back strong

On Saturday, Nov. 25, college football (CFB) came back into action with the most anticipated games. That Saturday, there were many CFB rivalries that took place like Ohio State v Michigan, FSU v Florida, and Alabama v Auburn, along with multiple other games, but none as anticipated as these.

In the Ohio State v Michigan game, “The Big Game,” everyone came in looking forward to watching the game of the year. Michigan took an early lead of 7 to 3 in the first quarter. However, the first half of the game wasn’t so quick paced, mainly due to both defenses playing good and not really allowing touch downs (TD). On the other hand, the second half was back to back scores by each team: a Michigan 50 yard field goal, an Ohio State rushing TD, a Michigan passing TD, another field goal by Michigan, an Ohio State passing TD, and yet another field goal by Michigan. Michigan made that field goal with 1:03 min on the clock, the score 30-24 giving Ohio State a  game-winning drive. Ohio State Quarterback (QB), Kyle McCord, threw an interception on Michigan’s 22 to close the game.

In the FSU v Florida Gators game, “Sunshine Showdown,” both teams came into the game with their starting QB’s injured and they both had trouble passing the ball around. Due to this, it was a low scoring more run-sided game with highlights of the game being FSU’s Trey Benson running for 95 yards and Florida’s Montrell Johnson running for 107 yards. The game ended with FSU winning 24-15.

The Alabama v Auburn game, “The Iron Bowl,” was probably the most thrilling game this week, with a last minute 30 yard game winning TD. The game was close the whole time with Auburn usually leading, and in the 4th quarter by four points. Alabama was on 4th and goal, when they were pushed back to the 31st yard line and when Alabama QB, Jalen Milroe, found wide receiver, Isiah Bond, in the end zone with only one defender on him. Isiah Bond made the catch to win the game.

The game ended with Alabama winning 27-24, surprising to people who came into the game expecting Alabama to blow Auburn out, the scores close the whole game.