MAST’s Mind-blowing Makos

Three Mast Academy students have received perfect scores on their AP exams

This year, three MAST Academy students achieved perfect scores on the AP exams. Nicolas Alvarez and Isabella Ferrer received recognition for their scores on the AP Spanish Language exam and Edgar Batista for the AP Computer Science Principles exam. 

“Actually I didn’t really study but I know Spanish very well since I am from Argentina and I lived in Uruguay for 8 years,” Alvarez said, “Also, Ms. Paisley [MAST’s AP Spanish Language teacher] gave me tips to take the test.”

Ferrer, on the other hand, got her perfect score by studying using the Ray Dass AP Spanish Language program.

“I feel very happy that I was able to get a perfect score on the test,” she said.

Batista received his perfect score on the AP Computer Science principles exam by studying using tools provided by his teacher, Mr. Eugene Cruz.

“Computer principles is one of the easier APs, but it’s not necessarily easy especially because there is a project portion of the exam where you have to do the project and write all the written response questions correctly,” Batista said, “I never expected to get a perfect score, but I was definitely really happy at the end of the test.”

Getting a perfect score on an AP exam is no easy task. Good job Makos!